The global COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has brought about unprecedented and uncertain circumstances for all of us. At Hastings Memorial Library, the health and safety of our patrons as well as our staff members is of utmost importance. In order to ensure this safety, Hastings Memorial Library will, effective immediately, be closed to the public until further notice.
1) Patrons are encouraged to keep items they already have at home until further notice. Any fines that accrue during this period will be automatically waived.
2) Patrons who feel it necessary to return their items are asked to use the drop box by the front door.
3) All holds on items will be frozen and will not expire until we reopen.
4) The Makerspace will also be closed to the public. We are in discussions with the Nebraska Library Commission to extend the studio’s tenure here to make up for the closure.
5) Our online presence including our ebook, downloadable audiobook, and downloadable magazine collections will remain available anytime. These can be accessed by visiting our website at http://libraries.ne.gov/grant .
6) Staff will attempt to provide as much assistance as possible during this closure. We are still working out all of the details on this. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com . A staff member will reply to your email as soon as possible.
7) We are exploring ways we can still provide services to you while closed. Please watch our Facebook page and website, as we will keep both updated as information is made available and situations change.
8) Follow the recommendations set forth by the CDC and state and local health authorities. Stay home if you feel sick. Wash your hands. Avoid touching your face. Did we mention wash your hands? If you can work from home, do so. Avoid crowds and groups of 10 people or more. Do your part to flatten the curve.
This is a difficult situation and this decision was not made lightly. After consulting federal and state guidelines for this pandemic and visiting with local authorities, we truly feel this is the best decision for our community at this time. Thank you for your continued support and understanding. We hope to be back serving the community in our normal capacity very soon.