Yutan Public Library
Wireless Internet Access
Last revised 12-1-2014
Yutan Public Library is pleased to offer free public Internet access.
Users who have personal electronic devices (laptops, e-readers, hand-held-games, etc.) with wireless Internet card may be able to access a wireless connection from our library.
About Wi-Fi at Yutan Public Library
Most wireless devices should recognize the library network automatically. If your device does not have wireless built in; you must purchase a Wi-Fi compatible network card.
*The library does not assist users in obtaining a wireless connection.
*Signal strength may vary throughout the library. Please move to a different location within the library if you are having trouble securing a connection or staying online.
*Library staff cannot perform repairs or troubleshoot your equipment.
*Be prepared to use battery power. You may use outlets where you don’t block aisles, exits or access to materials or equipment.
*The Library cannot guarantee your equipment will work with the library’s network.
*Do not leave your equipment unattended. The library is not responsible for equipment that is lost stolen or damaged.
Rules for Acceptable Use of Wireless Internet Connections
Regardless of Wi-Fi source, wireless Internet users inside the library or on the library premises are subject to the library’s Acceptable Use of the Internet and Library Public Computers rules, with the exception of those rules that apply to library-owned equipment.
Specifically, as a wireless Internet user, you must
• Stop viewing any site that creates a hostile environment for other library users and staff if a staff member asks you to stop.
• Follow the rules of the website you visit.
• Never harass others with print, images or messages.
• View and print only legal material and conduct only legal activity.
• Make appropriate choices about the sites you view when others are present, since the library is a public place that serves children as well as adults.
• Use sound-muffling headphones or mute sound to avoid disturbing others.
• Never block aisles, exits, access to library materials.
• Follow all provisions of Behavior Rules Governing the Use of Yutan Public Library.
Yutan Public Library