- Within the Library, any individual may have free use of all references and collections.
- Patrons within the county limits of Butler County may obtain a library card for home use free of charge.
- Patrons who live outside of the county limits of Butler County, but own property within the county limits, will not be charged for a library card.
*Proof of such ownership will be required.
*No reimbursements will be given for previous charges.
- Use of the library may be denied temporarily. Such might be because of failure to return library materials, unpaid fines, destruction of library property, or any other objectionable conduct.
- Class schools may check out materials for $100.00 a year. These materials may be kept for a maximum of four weeks. The individual checking these out is responsible for their return and their condition upon return.
- Materials may be loaned to another library, that library paying the cost of postage.
- Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic or political status.
Checkout and Renewal
- All borrowers must have a library card in order to check out materials.
- Books, pamphlets, audio cassettes, video cassettes and DVD’s will be loaned for three weeks, unless there are special conditions.
- The overhead projector may be rented for a fee of $2.00 a day.
- Books may be renewed by phone.
- Fines for overdue material will be levied to defray the cost of sending notices and collecting material which is overdue.
- As a courtesy, a phone call may be made or a postcard sent to remind the borrower of his/her overdue item.
- No fine will exceed the cost of the item.
- A fine automatically stops when an item is reported lost. The borrower is obligated to pay the cost of replacing it within thirty days.
- Failure to return or replace overdue lost library items shall be subject to civil action at county court at the discretion of the board.
- Books, Pamphlets, Cassettes, Records.
- A five-day grace period after the date due will be allowed the borrower. During this time no fine will be assessed on the overdue item.
- Beginning on the sixth day after the item was due, a fine of 10 cents a day per item will be charged.
- Materials not returned within thirty days of the overdue date will be presumed lost and the borrower shall be obligated to pay the cost of replacing them.
- A patron may request reconsideration of materials he feels are inappropriate.
- Forms will be provided for these requests. A separate form will be filled out for each complaint.
- The library director will review the form and determine if action is necessary.
- The library director will report back.to the patrons within one week of complaint of the action taken.
- The library director will report to the Board of Trustees on the complaint and action taken.