The 24th Joint Annual Youth Services Retreat will be held at Camp Carol Joy Holling (Ashland) September 6 and 7th. 11 CE are available for attendance at both days.
The workshop topics will be:
- Great Books for Teens and Tweens
- Virtual Programs: Prehistoric Creatures and more
- “Booktalk” your favorite websites, resources, and solutions
- Mental Illness and Youth Services
- Reommended Books for Children 2017/2018
- Escape Rooms and Table Top Conundrums
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Early Childhood Programming
- Tips on Graphic Novel Collection and Programming
- How to Improve Your Chances of Obtaining a Youth Services Grant
While this retreat is designed especially for those who plan to stay overnight and attend both days, the following options are available:
- Both days with overnight, double occupancy, includes all meals ($130)
- Both days with overnight, single occupancy, includes all meals ($160)
- Both days with lunch ($105)
- Thursday only, includes lunch ($55)
- Friday only, includes lunch ($50)
Registration is now open at https://goo.gl/forms/SLVmNiWLiRVD1iEv1
The 23rd Annual Youth Services Retreat will be held at Camp Carol Joy Holling September 7th and 8th. Take a break and spend time learning and networking in a great atmosphere! Eleven CE are available for attendance both days. Click here to register. The schedule for the retreat and pricing are as follows: Continue reading
Aged to Perfection will be held at the Glacial Till Vineyard & Winery in Ashland, Nebraska in the Tasting Room Art Gallery.
5:30 – 6:00 – Social Time & Antique check-in
6:00 – 6:30 – Dinner (Sub sandwich, chips, salads & desserts. All drink purchases are on your own.)
6:30 – 8:00 – Informational/Appraisal Program by Tom Bassett
$20 for SELS Friend members
$25 for non-members
The Art Gallery is upstairs in a historic building – no elevator access available. All attendees may bring up to 3 antiques to be appraised.
Find out more information or register.
Have you not yet had a chance to learn all the ins and outs of Nebraska’s still relatively new database package? Or do you need a refresher? If so, then this workshop is for you. You will also earn 5 CE through your participation. Presenters are Susan Knisely and Allana Novotny.
The location is Ashland Public Library. Scheduled begin is 9:30 am and the ending time is 3:30 pm. Lunch is on your own. The workshop is free, but it is limited to 20 participants. You may register at http://bit.ly/NebraskAccess.
This activity is supported with funding from the State of Nebraska and from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provision of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Nebraska Library Commission.