Sutherland Public Library Reopening Guidelines and Rules of Behavior:
The library will reopen to patrons June 9th. We have missed you and can’t wait to see you all again!
- If you have been feeling ill or have recently traveled, stay home.
- Only 8 people at a time will be allowed inside for a 30 minute time limit total per day. No loitering. When we reach maximum capacity, the door will be locked and patrons will be required to stay outside until we reach 8 people. Enter through the west door and exit through the east door.
- Please return all materials to the return box; not to the front desk.
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- One person from each family. No one under the age of 14 will be allowed in.
- Fines and fees will resume June 9th. Checkout dates will be returned to a three week period. Items allowed to be checked out will be 5 for a child’s account and 12 for an adult account.
- No public computers, bathrooms, or reference room use until further notice.
- If you need to make copies or print things from your phone, we can help you with that as time permits.
- Staff will wear masks while patrons are in the building. Patrons aren’t required to wear a mask but are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to do so.
- The front door handle will only be cleaned before 10 a.m. and 2 p.m..
- All returned items are sanitized and placed in quarantine for 72 hours.
- We will still offer curbside pickup.
- No tables or chairs will be available.
- Maintain social distancing of 6’ when you are in the library. Follow the arrows and tape marked on the floor. Stay behind the sneeze shield when at the circulation desk.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave at any time. If patrons don’t comply, the police will be called.
We are not liable if you get sick after visiting our library. We will do everything we can to keep staff and patrons safe and healthy. If you enter the building, you are entering at your own risk.