Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Springfield Memorial Library. The Library will be open on Saturday November 27th, 9:00a.m. -1:00p.m.
Thank you to everyone who entered their decorated pumpkins in the Pumpkin Walk contest. We also appreciate all the votes. Congratulations to the winners! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next year!
We are excited to offer free digital access to the Omaha World Herald. Please follow the instructions outlined above. Contact the library if you need further instructions.
We are excited to announce the library is installing new carpet! Unfortunately we will be closed April 14th – April 26th. Be sure to stop by and stock up on books and videos. Curbside pick up will not be available. All due dates will be extended during closure dates.
We want to wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We will reopen Saturday from 9:00-12:00pm.
Please take the time to remember and honor those who have served and those are serving now. Thank you!
Curbside Pickup service will continue to be available.
Staff has been busy preparing the library for reopening and designing ways to keep library visitors and staff safe. Please remember to follow our local health department’s guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks, hand washing or sanitizing, and other safety protocols. If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
The library is offering modified services as we further open our doors for grab-n-go browsing and checkout.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 11am-3pm & 4:30-6pm 10-11am reserved for over 65 years or high risk
Saturday 9am -12pm
When you visit the Library:
You’ll notice some new changes to our layout and services:
· The library will be open with limited services and capacity.
· The library will have limited hours and public health measure protocols, including hand sanitizing stations, face covering requirements, physical distancing and limited amount of visitors.
· Library use is limited to 30 minutes.
· All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
· Seating is not available.
· One computer is available for business purposes with a thirty (30) minute time limit.
· The meeting room remains closed for reservations.
· 10:00 -11:00am Monday through Friday is reserved for people over 65 or high risk.
· Grab-N-Go browsing is similar to grocery or retail store shopping, please follow directional signs and stay 6 ft. apart from other library visitors.
What you’ll be able to do:
· Browse for books, DVD’s and other library materials
· Pick up reserved books and materials
· Search the online catalog
· Get a library card
· Get assistance from staff
· Use a computer
· Print, Fax and Copy
· Return books to the Outdoor Book Drop
· Use our Curbside Pickup Service
· Find out about our Virtual Programs
· Use the restrooms, for emergencies only please
We look forward to seeing you at Springfield Memorial Library!
We invite all families to join the Library’s 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program. Reading aloud to your child is on of the most important activities you can do to prepare your child to learn to read and love it. Any reading counts! Read the same book over and over, listen to an audiobook, attend a Story Time program or, read an E-book. Any book your child listens to can be recorded. It’s easy to register, simply download the Reader’s Zone app on your phone or tablet. Get the app for Apple devices in the App Store, Android devices in the Play Store, or Amazon devices (Kindle) in Amazon Apps. Printed reading logs are also available at the Library. More information about the program is located on this website under Kids & Teens.