Celebrate National Library Week with the library! Come visit for story times; come Wednesday for Patron Appreciation Day and enjoy cookies, coffee and lemonade; Get Caught Reading!; browse the Friends book sale on Friday and Saturday; and learn about our newest service — ZINIO!
1. ZINIO is here! The library is excited to announce our new online magazine subscription service – Zinio! You’ll find an icon on the website. Click, set up your account, and download away. This service is a “simultaneous use” database. That means that if both you and your neighbor want the latest issue of Organic Gardening, you can both get it! Once it is downloaded to your device (computer, tablet, phone…), it’s yours! You can copy from it, print, cut and paste. We have 52 subscriptions online. Enjoy! Check the web site for further information or come in and we’ll help you get started! You’re going to LOVE Zinio!
2. Sign the Declaration for the Right to Libraries! This initiative comes from the American Library Association, and all signatures will be presented to the officials in Washington during National Advocacy Day in May.
3. Get Caught Reading! The library staff will be wandering around town looking for readers. If you’re caught reading, you get a small prize!
4. Patron Appreciation Day! Stop by for cookies, coffee and lemonade on Wednesday.
5. Story times on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are all about fun at the library! Balloons included!
6. Book Sale! The Friends of the Library is sponsoring the Spring Book Sale on Friday and Saturday, April 18th and 19th. There are LOTS of books to look through! Books are a quarter a piece or a bag for $3.00. A great deal!
7. Food For Fines! — our yearly food drive will go on throughout the week. Late fines will be erased from your account if you bring food for the Washington Food Pantry. Fines for lost materials are not forgiven!!
8. Exhibit! The library is a happening place. Come see the Metropolitan Area Planning Agency display, “Heartland 2050,” and complete the survey. Attend Spanish Club on Tuesday evenings, or take part in coupon swapping on Saturday mornings.
We’ll see you at the library!!!