How do Blair residents get Library cards?
All citizens residing in the city limits of Blair, Nebraska are eligible to apply for a Blair Public Library card at no cost. You must present proof of current address when you apply.
This identification may be a driver’s license, or a postmarked letter delivered to your current address.
How do Washington County residents outside of Blair get Library cards?
Citizens living outside the city limits of Blair will be charged a fee to obtain a library card. Payment may be made for any of three periods:
- (Best value) $25.00 per household per year
- $15.00 for six months per household
- $10.00 for 4 months per household
- (Best Option) No cost scholarships are available to Washington County Residents by request
The card is valid from the date of payment.
Loan Period & Limits
Most circulating library materials may be checked out for a three-week period.
- Library patrons may check out up to 20 items on their library card.
- Items may be renewed for an additional three-weeks if no one else has placed a hold to reserve them.
- Adults only may check out up to 4 DVDs , 4 Educational Resources and 4 cake pans at one time. These items are checked out for one week, with one week renewal available.
A patron with a valid library card may place a hold on any item that may be checked out.
This may be done by:
- placing a hold through the library catalog
- contacting the library by phone or asking for assistance at the front desk.
If the item is very popular, you will be placed on a waiting list in the order of which the request was made. When the item is returned to the library you will be contacted by phone to come in and pick up the item. From the time the item is checked in there is a five-day time limit for the patron to be contacted and pick up the item. There is no charge for holds.
A book drop is available 24 hours a day for returning library materials.
It is located on the East side of the library and can be accessed from the drive up. This drop is built into the library structure so may not be readily viewable, just follow the signs.
A bulletin board for local announcements is located on the north wall of the front hall, between the front entry and the vending machines Library . Before you place an announcement on the bulletin board please request permission at the circulation desk. The bulletin board is reserved for nonprofit group activities and government announcements and publications. The staff will remove announcements advertising private for profit-businesses.