Public Service Policy
Customer Service is an integral part of the Blair Public Library’s service to Blair’s diverse population.
During interactions with library staff, customers can expect to:
- Be acknowledged appropriately;
- Be treated courteously and respectfully;
- Be valued for their input;
- Receive the same high standard of service regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, physical limitations, or any other criteria;
- Receive prompt and timely service;
- Receive knowledgeable service and professionalism from all staff ;
- Have open access to traditional and innovative resources and instruction in their use;
- Have their privacy and confidentiality respected; and
- Have responsive, community-oriented service.
The library endorses high standards of customer service and supports it through a plan of employee trainings, leadership development and opportunities for customer input.