Our genealogical collection includes local and family histories, cemetery records, death and marriage information for the Washington County area. Copies of Blair newspapers on microfilm. Microfilm searchers may be available through the Washington County Genealogy Society.
Washington County Genealogical Society, 210 South 17th Street Blair, Nebraska 68008
Suggested Research Links:
- Blair Cemetery Search (This site is a record of the Blair Cemetery plots. You can
search the cemetery records by name, date of birth, date of death, mother’s name
or father’s name): http://www.blairnebraska.org/cemetery/cemetery.asp
- Danish American Archive and Library http://www.danishamericanarchive.com/default.asp
- Danish American Archive and Library Digitized Collections (VIG Collection, etc.) http://22.214.171.124:8080/DAAL
- Washington County Cemetery Records http://www.newashcogs.org/cemeteries.asp
- Washington County Obituaries http://www.newashcogs.org/obits.asp
Ellis Island Records (Immigration Records from Ellis Island): http://www.ellisisland.org
Family Search (Search the large database of Genealogy records at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints): http://www.familysearch.org
- Genealogy Buff (FREE Genealogy search and helps): http://www.genealogybuff.com
- Misbach Enterprises (World famous genealogy and family tree charts): http://www.misbach.org
- Washington County Historical Association http://www.newashcohist.org
- Washington County Historical Society http://www.newashcogs.org/
- Vital Records (How to obtain birth, death & marriage information state by state.): http://vitalrec.com
- Ancestor Sheet MS Word Document
- Family Group Record MS Word Document
- Family Group Sheet MS Word Document
- Relationship Chart
The purpose of the Washington County Genealogical Society is to promote research and give guidance to those who are tracing their family lines through the searching of records, people and places. The society continues to foster an interest in all peoples who contributed in any way to the establishment and perpetuation for the county of Washington in the state of Nebraska.
The Washington County Genealogical Society is a volunteer organization. Many of the society’s projects are the collection, copying, and cataloguing of historical documents for anyone to use. The volunteers have a “look-up” service for those persons who do not live in the area.
The society meets once a month at 7 p.m. for discussions, speakers, and to work on projects. Anyone is welcome to join our society, whether you reside locally or elsewhere in the world. Please do come to one of our meetings, enjoy the program, and meet the other members of our group.
You may join and become a member at any meeting. Dues are $3.00 annually. Call the Blair Public Library at 402-426-3617 or email at email@example.com for meeting dates and times.