Library Catalog – https://stromsburg.biblionix.com/catalog/
You can search our collection from anywhere you have internet access by using the link above. To place a hold on items, renew items, check your fine balance or check what you have at home you will need to log into your account.
To log into your account you will need:
- Your library card number – some have old library cards and some have newer cards.
- If your card number reads “P ###” you will need to type it in exactly as it reads on the card.
- If your card number reads “236580000##### you need only type in the numbers after the zeros.
- Your password – this is your phone number, including area code, with no dashes or spaces
Pay Your Fines/Donate to the Library – http://ne.gov/go/stromsburgnepl
Click the link to pay for fines, lost or damaged books or to donate to the library.
Polk County Digital Newspapers – http://polkcountyne.advantage-preservation.com/
The Polk County Historical Society has spearheaded a project to digitize all Polk County newspapers. Currently, you can search the Osceola Record, the Headlight, the Shelby Sun, the Polk Progress, the Polk County Democrat, and the Stromsburg Weekly News. The earliest papers begin in 1873 and are digitized up 2014.
Nebraska OverDrive (Libby) Library – https://bit.ly/2sFX3JU
The Stromsburg Public Library is a member of the Nebraska OverDrive Library Consortium. As a member each library pays a yearly fee towards the purchase of materials for the online library which includes eBooks, audiobooks and magazines. To access the online library on your device, you will need to download the Libby app from your app store.
To log in you will need:
- Your library card
- If your card reads “P ###” you will to convert it to a 14 digit number. That number should read 23658000000### you may need more or less zeros to make it 14 digits.
- If your card number reads “236580000##### you need only type in those numbers
- Library PIN word – please call the library for this word
Children’s Bookstore Book Fair Page – https://bit.ly/2U9pvQ2
This is an online, on going book fair for our patrons. 15% of each purchase goes directly to the Stromsburg Public Library. We will use this money to buy more books for the library.
NebraskAccess – http://nebraskaccess.nebraska.gov/
.NebraskAccess offers free 24/7 access to websites selected by librarians, full text government publications and Nebraska historical resources. NebraskAccess also provides Nebraska residents with premium databases containing thousands of full text popular magazine and journal articles; primary source documents; genealogical, health, legal, small business, and science resources; reading recommendations; and research resources for K-12 students. These resources are available to Nebraska residents at no cost. The Nebraska Library Commission purchases subscriptions for Nebraskans with funding from the State of Nebraska and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
You will need your driver’s license number or the quarterly password which is available from the library to log in.