The mission of the Karlen Memorial Library is to serve the community as a resource for information, entertainment, cultural opportunity and educational development; thereby enhancing and enriching the lives of its users.
General Goals of the Library
The general goals of the Karlen Memorial Library shall be:
- Books and other library resources will be provided for the interest, information and enlightenment of all people of the community of Beemer. Materials will not be excluded because of origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- The library will provide materials and information presenting all points of view on current and historical issues. Materials will not be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
- The library will challenge censorship in the fulfillment of its responsibility to provide information and enlightenment.
- The library will cooperate with all persons and groups abridgement of free expression and free access to ideas.
- A person’s right to use the library will not be denied because of origin, age, background or views.
- The library will provide information and reference services, which are accurate and current.
- The library will provide competent library staff to serve the community.
- The library will provide adequately equipped reading room facilities.