Effective November 1st, 2013, the Alliance Public Library will implement policy changes that were approved by the Alliance City Council on October 3rd, 2013. Outlined below you will find a list of these changes which will take effect Friday, November 1st, 2013.
- Non-residents of the City of Alliance will be able to obtain a library card for an annual fee of $25.00 per year, and will allow the purchaser access to the library’s physical collection of materials, including our books, magazine, movies, and audio books. Card fees can be paid anytime during the year, but will not be pro-rated based on date of payment.
- Fines will begin accruing the first day after an item is due.
- Fines on overdue items will be as follows: $.25 daily for books, magazines, and audio books ; $1.00 daily for DVDs and Children’s Backpacks.
- Internet access is free of charge to all library patrons who are in good standing with the library.
- Children under the age of 18 are required to have a signed parental permission slip on file to access the Alliance Public Library computer lab.
Explanation of Non-Resident Overdrive Policy: Overdrive Policy
Read a letter from our Library Director concerning the non-resident card fee: Dear Library Patrons
Access the Alliance Public Library Policy Manual: Library Revised Policy Manual 2013