The Alliance Public Library offers many digital patron services that are available from the comfort of home or on the go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Download the Libby app on your mobile device or access the app on your home computer and start downloading from our collection of ebooks, audiobooks and magazines today! Libby is available as a mobile download through the Apple App Store and Google Play and is compatible with Android, IOS, and some Chromebook devices, with Kindle Fire compatibility coming soon. Windows users may use Libby in browser at libbyapp.com
OverDrive may also be accessed on personal computers via a web browser at https://nebraska.overdrive.com
Login credentials will include your patron barcode found on the back of your card (ie: 59687) and the pin is your phone number (ie: 3087621387) unless you have setup a secure password of your choosing through alliancelibrary.org. If you have set up a secure password, you will use it to login.
Please note the following recent and upcoming changes in Overdrive service:
Beginning October 31, 2020 OverDrive is ending support for devices that use the outdated TLS 1.0 and 1.1 security protocols. This includes some Android devices, including older Kindle Fire tablets. Patrons that will be affected will receive prior notification. Click here for more information.
Beginning December 7th, 2020 the Windows Libby app will no longer be supported. Windows users may instead access Libby in browser at libbyapp.com.
If you are having trouble with Overdrive or would like to learn more about how to use the service, please scroll down for a list of Overdrive how-to and troubleshooting links.
Visit www.alliancelibrary.org and sign in using your patron number and phone number (ie: 29876 ; 3087621387) and access your account information, checkout history, reserves, our full catalog and more. The site is mobile responsive for easy access on personal devices.
Ebsco ebooks appear in our catalog and are marked as internet electronic resources in search results. This collection is mainly comprised of nonfiction books useful for research or specialized study and is available to residential patrons.
How to access Ebsco ebooks:
- Click here to login in to Ebsco using your patron ID number (the number found on the back of your library card. Don’t have your card? Give us a call, verify some info and we can give it to you over the phone.)
- Click on “Sign in” and then on “Create a New Account”. You will now be able to assign your own username and password for future use.
- You’re ready to use the Ebsco ebooks! You can search directly through Ebsco or from our catalog. In our catalog, click on the title of the book and follow the link to sign in and start reading.
Ebsco Ebooks Support Center – Provides information for browsing and transfering Ebsco ebooks to mobile devices.
Library patrons can print to the Alliance Public Library from any device with internet access. The print request will be sent to the Alliance Public Library electronically, and patrons may print from our public access lab. Printing is $.25 per page and is available in Black and White only.
Please note that due to the electronic transfer, it may take up to 2 minutes for print jobs to be received, though it is more likely to only require a few seconds.
Here’s how it works:
- Register your email at http://siteup.ocsinc.ca/site/register by entering your email and selecting Alliance Public Library and clicking Register Email.
- You will be notified of successful registration and the direct access link to upload you file.
- Click on the access link or proceed directly to https://siteup.ocsinc.ca/AlliancePL
- Enter your email address and then enter the entire web URL or upload your file via the Browse option. Please note that only black and white printing is available.
- Click on submit
- Write down your print job number. Please note you cannot print without your number.
- Proceed to the Alliance Public Library public printer to release and print your document.
Once you have registered your email, you can bypass steps 1 and 2 and visit https://siteup.ocsinc.ca/AlliancePL directly to print.
Library Staff is available for support during regular library hours by calling 308-762-1387. If you are needing help outside of our regular business hours, please visit the following resources:
- Getting Started with Overdrive: Provides device specific basic instructions.
- Device Profiles: Provides device specific software and support.
- All About Ebooks
- All About Audiobooks
- How to Use The Libby App: Overdrive suggests you use Libby if it is available for your device – see the Device Profiles link above for more information on device compatibility.
- Troubleshooting the Libby App
- How to Use the Overdrive App: Overdrive suggests you use Libby if it is available for your device – see the Device Profiles link aboce for more information on device compatibility.
- Troubleshooting the Overdrive App