Alliance Public Library is a rural popular materials library serving the area residents of Alliance, NE, population 8,070.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, not all library services are currently available. Click here for more information on current service restrictions.
The Alliance Public Library will provide resources and services in a variety of formats that will assist cardholding patrons and guests to meet the informational, cultural, recreational, and educational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful and professional.
Collection and Programming
We are proud to offer patrons over 37,000 physical items that include books, movies, children’s themed backpacks, crafting supplies, and kitchen and catering items, the majority of which can be checked out and enjoyed at home with the use of an Alliance Public Library card. In additional to our physical materials, patrons have access to our vast collection of digital ebooks, audioboooks and magazines. Our collection may be browsed online at https://alliancelibrary.org/catalog/
Activities and programs for both adults and youth are held throughout the year, including Book Club, Story Time, Nebraska Humanities speakers, local authors, computer classes, creative workshops, and more. Visit our Calendar or Events for more information on upcoming programs
Overview of Additional Services
- Public Access Computers: Four public access computers are available for use, including black and white printing for $.25 cents per page (cash only.) Patrons may access the computers up to three hours daily. In the event of a wait list, patrons will be given 15 minutes notice to log off in order to accommodate as many people as possible.
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Services: If we do not have an item you are looking for, we will be happy to request it from another library. Patrons are responsible for a small return postage fee ($3.50+ depending on the size of the book) and mail time generally takes anywhere from 3-14 days for arrival. Requests may be made by contacting the library at 308-762-1387 or emailing Tiffany at email@example.com
- Maker Space: Located in the old public access computer lab, we have the following machines and die accessories available for patrons to use: AccuCut, Cricut Expression and Maker, Sizzix, Button Maker. Click here for more information.
- Basic Computer and Technology Instruction: Staff is available for one-on-one basic computer use instruction. We can help you feel more comfortable using Windows operating systems, your personal mobile device, and various software and apps including email, Microsoft Office and more. We cannot formally diagnose your computer or make any changes to your software and/or operating system. To ensure staff availability, patrons are encouraged to call ahead and ask to speak with Tiffany.
- Reference Desk: Are you looking for information? Librarians are the original search engine. If there is information you would like help finding, contact us and we will help you find it, either in the stacks or online.
- Database Access: Whether you are researching a topic, looking for a new author, or digging into your family tree, we can help you access a number of electronic databases like MasterFile, MyHeritage, NoveList Plus and more.
- Meeting Rooms: Our meeting rooms are available on a first-come-first-serve basis for cultural, civic, and educational purposes to local individuals and organizations during the following hours: Monday-Thursday 8 to 5:45, Friday 8 to 4:45, and Saturday 10 to 1:45. All events must be free and no money may change hands during meetings or events. Meeting rooms are free, but donations are appreciated. Use policies may be found here.
- Book Repair: If your favorite book is in need of some TLC, stop by the circulation desk and inquire about our book repair service. If it is within our capabilities, we will help. Most repairs are made for free, but a small fee of $2 may be required depending on the damage.
- Copying: Library staff will be able to make copies for $.25 per page.
- Lamination: Library staff is able to laminate items up to 36″ wide for $.75 per running foot.
- Other equipment: Additional equipment available for in-library and/or meeting room use include laptop computers, an LCD projector, smart cart/lectern with sound, screens, and a P.A. system.
- Book Store: The Alliance Public Library Foundation Book Store is available during library hours, and includes donated books for all ages, many new, in both fiction and nonfiction. DVDs, audio books, and library discards are also available. Prices range from $.50 to $20 with an average of $2 to $5. All funds raised benefit the APL Foundation.
- Donation Drop Off: Donations are accepted during library hours. We are unable to accept the following, as they do not sell and must be discarded by staff:
- Text Books
- Medical books over 5 years old
- Mass Market paperbacks (6-7″ tall, thick, with tiny print)