The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Book Club and Story Time Sessions.
Spring into Reading Contest: Open to all children grades K-4th. Visit the library and check out any youth book (Easy Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, and Juvenile Nonfiction.) Return the book and fill out a kite entry form with your first name and the book title on the front, and your teacher’s name on the back. We’ll hang your kite on the wall with your classroom, and the class with the most kites by May 5th will win a special party!
Story Time is for children ages 3 to 6 years, and is held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time.
2016-2017 Story Time Themes:
- September 13 & 15 ~ Getting to Know You
- September 20 & 22 ~ Leaves are Falling
- September 27 & 29 ~ Farm Fun
- October 4 & 6 ~ Music, Music, Music
- October 11 & 13 ~ Fire Safety
- October 18 & 20 ~ Perfect Pumpkins
- October 25 & 27 ~ The Magic of Reading (Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween Costumes!)
- November 1 & 3 ~ America the Beautiful
- November 29 & December 1 ~ It’s a bird, it’s a Plane . . . Things that Fly
- December 6 & 8 ~ Penguins and Polar Bears
- December 13 & 15 ~ Warm and Cozy (Children are invited to wear their pajamas!)
- Holiday Break
- January 10 & 12 ~ Dreaming of Dragons
- January 17 & 19 ~ Fly to the Moon
- January 24 & 26 ~ Around the World
- January 31 & February 2 ~ Let’s Pretend (Children are encourage to dress like their favorite characters)
- February 7 & 9 ~ Smile . . . All About Teeth
- February 14 & 16 ~ Be Kind
- February 21 & 23 ~ Elephants Everywhere
- February 28 & March 2 ~ Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
- March 7 & 9 ~ Here Comes the Sun . . . and Wind and Rain
- March 14 & 16 ~ Dance a Jig
- March 21 & 23 ~Sowing Seeds and Pulling Weeds . . . How a Garden Grows
- March 28 & 30 ~ Artastic
- April 4 & 6 ~ Under the Sea
- April 11 & 13 ~ We can Build It
- April 18 & 20 ~ At the Circus
- April 25 & 27 ~ Celebrating Trees
- May 2 & 4 ~ Fiesta