The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Book Club and Story Time.
Friday Fun Days is a family activity held on most Friday afternoon from 2:30 to 4:00 and includes a make and take craft. Children and youth are invited to meet in the library Community Rooms for crafts and other activities on days when school releases early. Most activities are geared toward elementary and middle school-aged students, but simpler crafts will be available for younger children. Children 6 and under, or those who may need assistance, must be accompanied by a responsible caretaker.
- October 6th ~ Make Spiders with Jacque Bair
- October 20th ~ Make and perform Magic Tricks
For more information, please contact the Children and Youth Services Librarian, Elaine Bleisch, at 762-1387.
Story Time is for children ages 3 to 6 years, and is held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time.
Fall 2017 Story Time Themes:
- September 12 & 14th ~ Registration: Parents or caregivers are invited to bring their children, ages 3-6, to the library to register for story time! They will visit the story time room, meet the Children’s Librarian, and go through a typical story time. (For this session only, parents/ caregivers are invited to join their child(ren) in the back).
- September 19th & 24th ~ DinoROAR!
- September 26th & 28th ~ Giraffes Can’t Dance
- October 3rd & 5th ~ How Do You Feel?
- October 10th & 12th ~ Fire Safety (Members of the Alliance Volunteer Fire Department will visit during the Tuesday morning session.)
- October 17th & 19th ~ Trains
- October 24th & 25th ~ Creepy Crawlies
- October 31st & November 3rd ~ Give a Hoot!
- November 7th & November 9th ~ Tractors, Trailers, and Trucks
- November 14th & 16th ~ Grateful Hearts and Helping Hands
- November 28th & November 30th Happy and Healthy
- December 5th & December 7th ~ Pajama Party: children are invited to wear PJs and bring slippers or fuzzy socks to wear during story time!! (NOTE: Shoes must be worn in the library)
- December 12th & 14th ~ The Land of Sweets