The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Lego Club, Code Club and Story Time.
Friday Fun Days: Join us for a fun activity on the first and third Fridays of the month! Open to children of all ages and parents/caregivers are welcome to participate as well! Children 6 and under must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver. Meets in the Community Rooms from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m.
- November 2: NO ACTIVITY
- November 16: Science Crafts featuring color spinners, balancing robots, DIY phone speakers, and articulated hands.
- No Planned activities in December due to special Holiday Craft programming
Story Time: Held for children ages 3 to 6 years every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time.
Fall/Winter Story Time Themes:
- September 11 & 13 ~ Getting to Know You
- September 18 & 20 ~ New Friends
- September 25 & 27 ~ Music and Movement
- October 2 & 4 ~ Fall is Here
- October 9 & 11 ~ Fire Prevention
- October 16 & 18 ~ Let’s Race
- October 23 & 25 ~ Halloween (children are invited to wear a costume)
- October 30 & November 1 ~ One, Two, Three
- November 6 & 8 ~ Monkeys
- November 13 & 15 ~ Thanksgiving
- November 20 & 22 ~ No Story Time
- November 27 & 29 ~ Winter in the Woods
- December 4 & 6 ~ Gingerbread Sweets
- December 11 & 13 ~ Snow Fun!
Lego Club: All children from Kindergarten and up are welcome to come build with Legos in a positive social environment. Parents must register their child at the circulation desk prior to attending. Meets on most Tuesdays in the community rooms from 3:45-4:45. October dates are as follows:
- November 6
- November 13
- November 27
- December 11
- December 18
Code Club: Children 8 and older can learn to code while playing computer games! Research has shown that children learn these skills best by doing but are more likely to “do” in a group setting with peers. We will start out simple and children will work at their own pace but can actually learn to build their own video games and apps. This is an informal setting with an adult facilitator. Participants can bring their own laptops (recommended) and APL will provide some as well. Children must be able to read and work independently. Meets most Thursdays in the community rooms from 3:45-4:45. The Fall schedule varies due to additional library events. Code Club will meet on the following dates:
- November 1
- November 8
- November 29
- December 13