The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Book Club and Story Time Sessions.
Story Time is for children ages 3 to 6 years, and is held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time.
Fall 2017 Story Time Themes:
- September 12 & 14th ~ Registration: Parents or caregivers are invited to bring their children, ages 3-6, to the library to register for story time! They will visit the story time room, meet the Children’s Librarian, and go through a typical story time. (For this session only, parents/ caregivers are invited to join their child(ren) in the back).
- September 19th & 24th ~ DinoROAR!
- September 26th & 28th ~ Giraffes Can’t Dance
- October 3rd & 5th ~ How Do You Feel?
- October 10th & 12th ~ Fire Safety: Members of the Alliance Volunteer Fire Department will visit
- October 17th & 19th ~ Trains
- October 24th & 25th ~ Creepy Crawlies
- October 31st & November 3rd ~ Give a Hoot!
- November 7th & November 9th ~ Tractors, Trailers, and Trucks
- November 14th & 16th ~ Grateful Hearts and Helping Hands
- November 28th & November 30th Happy and Healthy
- December 5th & December 7th ~ Pajama Party: children are invited to wear PJs and bring slippers or fuzzy socks to wear during story time!! (NOTE: Shoes must be worn in the library)
- December 12th & 14th ~ The Land of Sweets