The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Book Club and Story Time.
Friday Fun Days is a family activity held on most Friday afternoon from 2:30 to 4:00 and includes a make and take craft. Children and youth are invited to meet in the library Community Rooms for crafts and other activities on days when school releases early. Most activities are geared toward elementary and middle school-aged students, but simpler crafts will be available for younger children. Children 6 and under, or those who may need assistance, must be accompanied by a responsible caretaker.
- February 2 – Valentine’s Day Boxes: Jessi from KAB will be here to help us make Valentine’s Day boxes out of recyclable materials
- Feb. 16 – Chinese New Year: includes fans, lanterns, and egg carton dragons
- March 16 – Springtime Baskets: Help close the gap in “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” by upcycling plastic containers that can’t be recycled into springtime baskets with Jessi from KAB.
- April 13 – Paper Airplanes: learn to make and fly paper airplanes, and participate in a paper airplane race!
- April 20 – Spring Flowers: another upcycling project with Jessi from KAB as we make spring flowers from a variety of materials, including paper, plastic bottles, and leftover fleece.
For more information, please contact the Children and Youth Services Librarian, Elaine Bleisch, at 762-1387.
Story Time is for children ages 3 to 6 years, and is held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time.
Winter & Spring 2018 Story Time Themes:
- January 9 & 11 ~ Science Verse
- January 16 & 18 ~ Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?
- January 23 & 25 ~ Dolphins and Narwhals and Whale – oh my!
- January 30 & February 1 ~ The Five Senses
- February 6 & 8 ~ If Feel Funny (Funny Books)
- February 13 & 15 ~ Let’s Be Friends (Valentine’s Day)
- February 20 & 22 ~ A Look at Teeth
- February 27 & March 1 ~ Be Brave
- March 6 & 8 ~ No Story Time – enjoy Spring Break!
- March 13 & 15 ~ Arrgh Matey!
- March 20 & 22 ~ Play Ball!
- March 27 & 29 ~ Grandparents
- April 3 & 5 ~ At the Zoo
- April 10 & 12 ~ Sing Out
- April 17 & 19 ~ Musical Instruments
- April 24 & 26 ~ Barn Dance
- May 1 & 3 ~ Summer is Coming