The Alliance Public Library is proud to host a number of programs for community youth, including Friday Fun Days, Lego Club, Code Club and Story Time.
Friday Make & Take Crafts: Open to children of all ages and parents/caregivers are welcome to participate as well! Children 6 and under must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver. Crafts supplies will be available in the children’s section to make at the library and take home. Crafts are free but are limited to one per child.
- October 11 ~ Paper Bag Monsters
- October 18 ~ Yarn Mummies
- October 25 ~ Halloween Masks
- November 1 ~ Paper Plate Fall Wreath
- November 8 ~ Dream Catchers
- November 15 ~ Turkey Puppets
- November 22 ~ Paper Pumpkin Pie Slices
- December 6 ~ Ornaments
- December 13 ~ Holiday Cards
Story Time: Held for children ages 3 to 6 years every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday at 1:00 p.m. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time. Parents are invited to attend with their child the first time they attend, and then will be asked to wait for their child in the library. We do ask that parents remain in the library during story time.
Storytime will resume in September 3rd, 2019. “Letters of the Alphabet” will be the overall theme for the 2019-2020 year.
- October 8 & 10 ~ The Letter “F” is for Fire Prevention
- October 15 & 17 ~ The Letter “E”
- October 22 & 24 ~ The Letter “G”
- October 29 & 31 ~ The Letter “H” is for Halloween
- November 5 & 7 ~ The Letter “I”
- November 12 & 14 ~ The Letter “J”
- November 19 & 21 ~ Thanksgiving
- November 26 & 28 ~ No Story Time (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 3 & 5 ~ The Letter “K”
- December 10 & 12 ~ The Letter “L”
- Story Time will resume in 2020 (Christmas Break)
- January 7 & 9 ~ Th Letter “M”
- January 14 & 16 ~ The Letter “N”
- January 21 & 23 ~ The Letter “O”
- January 28 & 30 ~ The Letter “P”
- February 4 & 6 ~ The Letter “Q”
- February 11 & 13 ~ Valentine’s Day
- February 18 & 20 ~ The Letter “R”
- February 25 & 27 ~ The Letter “S”
- March 3 & 5 ~ Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
- March 10 & 12 ~ The Letter “T”
- March 17 & 19 ~ St. Patrick’s Day: the Color of Ireland and Spring
- March 24 & 26 ~ The Letter “U”
- March 31 & April 2 ~ The Letter “V”
- April 7 & 9 ~ The Letter “W
- April 14 & 16 ~ The Letter “X”
- April 21 & 23 ~ The Letter “Y”
- April 28 & 30 ~ The Letter “Z”
- May 5 & 7 ~ Summer Fun
Lego Club: All children from Kindergarten and up are welcome to come build with Legos in a positive social environment. Parents must register their child at the circulation desk prior to attending. Meets on most Tuesdays in the community rooms from 3:45-4:45.
Lego Club will resume September 10, 2019
Code Club: Children 8 and older (must be able to read and work independently) can learn to code while playing computer games! Research has shown that children learn these skills best by doing but are more likely to “do” in a group setting with peers. We will start out simple and children will work at their own pace but can actually learn to build their own video games and apps. This is an informal setting with an adult facilitator. Participants can bring their own laptops (recommended) and APL will provide some as well. Children must be able to read and work independently. Meets on most Thursdays in the community rooms from 3:45-4:45. The Fall schedule varies due to additional library events.
Code Club will not be held on October 31st.
Kid friendly resources and links: