Our January through April Events list is now available! Go to our Events>Current Schedule page (here) to see all the fun things coming up!
A printed version of the calendar is available at the library.
Stay warm and cozy inside this winter with the help of a book, audiobook, movie, or magazines borrowed from the library!
We also have a variety of puzzles (100-1000 pieces) you can borrow and keep for as long as you need!
Open at 9 a.m. each day and close at 7 p.m. Mondays, Tuesday, and Thursdays, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and Friday, and 1 p.m. on Saturday!
On Tuesday, November 12, Minden’s Jensen Memorial Library will welcome Nebraska State Poet, Matt Mason. Mason will do a reading of some of his poetry and take part in a question and answer session with attendees. The program will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the library, located at 443 N. Kearney Avenue in Minden.
In January 2019, Mason was named the Nebraska State Poet by Governor Pete Ricketts. The selection was led by the Nebraska Arts Council, Humanities Nebraska and the Nebraska Library Commission, and a group of state agencies and organizations that presented finalists to the governor for consideration.
Based in Omaha, he is also the Executive Director of the Nebraska Writers Collective and he runs poetry programming for the State Department, working in Nepal, Romania, Botswana and Belarus.
Mason is the recipient of a Pushcart Prize for his poem “Notes For My Daughter Against Chasing Storms” and his work can be found in numerous magazines and anthologies, including Ted Kooser’s American Life in Poetry. The author of Things We Don’t Know We Don’t Know and The Baby That Ate Cincinnati.
More information about Mason, his works, and his adventures as the Nebraska State Poet is available at his website: http://matt.midverse.com/.
Adventures of Dally & Spanky
Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
Nothing Ventured by Jeffrey Archer
Whisper Network by Chandler Baker
Outfox by Sandra Brown
Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center
Recursion by Blake Crouch
American Magic by Zach Fehst
The Girl in the Glass Box by James Grippando
Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes
The Girl Whop Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz (Steig Larsson)
The Islanders by Meg Mitchell Moore
The Inn by James Patterson
A Better Man by Louise Penny
The Dark Side by Danielle Steel
The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
Don’t Blink by Tom Booth
Snack Attack by Terry Border
See Me Play by Paul Meisel
One Dark Bird by Elizabeth Garton Scanlon
Alfred’s Book of Monster by Sam Streed
A Trip to the Top of the Volcano with Mouse by Frank Viva
How to Catch a Dinosaur by Adam Wallace
The Pigeon Has to Go to School by Mo Willems
So Big by Wohnout
Dance is for Everyone by Andrea Zuill
Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting (series) by Joe Ballarini
Speed Demon by Fred Bown
She’s the Liar by Alison Cherry
Storm Blown by Nick Courage
Benchwarmers by John Feinstein
The Doughnut King by Jessie Janowitz
Things That Don’t Make Sense by Brynn Kelly
Emperor of the Universe by David Lubar
Waylon: The most awesome of all by Sara Pennypacker
The Girl Who Sailed the Stars by Matilda Woods
Hicotea: a Nightlights story by Lorena Alvarez
Making Friends: Back to the drawing boare by Kristen Gudsnuk
The Singing Rock & Other Brand-New Fairy Tales by Nathaniel Lachenmeyer
Just My Luck by Jennifer Honeybourn
Mech Cadet Yu: Volume two by Greg Pak
To see more information about any of these titles, click HERE to go the the “What’s New” list of our online catalog.
* Avengers: Endgame
* Long Shot
* Hardcore Henry
* Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
* Dumbo (animated)
* Dog Town
* The Planets
* The Lion King; The Lion King 1 1/2; The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride
* What Unites Us: reflections on patriotism by Dan Rather
* Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: a therapist, her therapist, and our lives revealed by Lori Gottlieb
* Once Upon a Farm: lessons on growing in love, life, and hope on a new frontier by Rory Feek
* This Life I Live: one man’s extraordinary, ordinary life and the woman who changed it forever by Rory Feek
* Mostly Dead Things by Kristen Arnett
* The Loyal One by Shelley Shepard Gray
* The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory
* The Orphan’s Tale by Pam Jenoff
* The Rumor by Lesley Kara
* Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
* Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
* Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman
* Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber
* The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
* Fall; or, Dodge in hell by Neal Stephenson
* Haven Point series by RaeAnne Thayne
* Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
* Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23) by Catherine Coulter
* A Dangerous Man (Joe Pike #7/Elvis Cole #18) by Robert Crais
* The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
* Chica by Karen Duncan
* The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo #3) by Rick Riordan
* The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire #13) by Tui Sutherland
* For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man #7) by Dav Pilkey
Juvenile Graphic Novel
* Enter the Mine by Pat + Jen